- roof fan installed
- sealed up rear light leakage
- sealed up rocker panel pins, drain holes, and wheel wells
- replaced original weatherstripping
- supplemented with more weatherstripping
- rear door adjustments
- eternabond on the outer seams where there is crazing
- sound deadening on walls, ceiling and wheel wells
- pared down my possessions to either fit in my van or in a small 5×10′ storage unit
- bought a goal zero yeti with a couple of fans to help with circulation
- contemplated driving the van into the river
as of today (April 7) – my third week of slumming it up – i still have water coming in through the back, and i’ve yet to insulate this van. i think i’m deciding against it for now since the weather is about to kill rauchy and humid for at least another half year.
my poor dawg.
besides, the day i did decide to do some insulation, i had a great stuff explosion and ended up spending the next few days peeling layers of stickiness from my fingers. i guess that’s the universe telling me i don’t need to do it.
i also got a gd nail in my tire.
my partner in crime has been busy staying away because i’m an angry person all the time, and i constantly push people away. but that’s another story.
van life can be pretty lonely, but that’s life in a nutshell anyway, at least when the party has died down.